Invite Friends, Get Free Stock
When you invite your friends to join Robinhood, you can both earn a free stock! As soon as your friend’s application gets approved, we’ll credit both of your accounts with a free stock.
You can refer your friends to Robinhood directly from your app!
We show you a few friends that may be interested based on how many mutual friends you have using Robinhood. If enough of your friends sign up, you can earn up to $500 per year in free stocks!
The shares of free stock are chosen randomly from our inventory of settled shares. Because the shares are chosen randomly, you and your friend may not receive the same stock.
The value of the share may be anywhere between $2.50 and $200, and fluctuates based on market movements. We choose from the most popular companies on Robinhood, based on the total value and the price of each share.
We can’t credit your account for invites you sent before you began participating in the program; and you can’t open a second account to get a free stock.
You can receive up to $500 in free stocks per year. You can check the price of each stock you get in the History tabs for these stocks.
If your total value of free stocks is approaching $500, you'll stop receiving free stocks once the lowest priced stock in our inventory would bring you over the $500 limit. For example, if you have $497.00 in free stocks and the lowest-priced stock in our inventory is $3.75, you won't be able to receive more free stocks. However, your friends will still receive a free stock if they sign up with your invite link.
The cash value of the free stock at the time you received it may be reported as “Other Income” on a 1099-Misc form. Any gains or losses on the sale of the stock are reported as capital gains or losses.
You can check the cost basis of each stock you get on your History page.
You win a $10 stock and later sell it for $15 dollars:
Terms & Conditions
Robinhood free stock bonus offer valid for existing qualifying clients who successfully refer a new Robinhood account. Bonuses will be credited only if the referred Robinhood account is approved and the bonus is claimed through the Robinhood platform. Limit one offer per qualified referral with a maximum of one account per referred client. Stock bonus will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week after the bonus is claimed. Stock bonuses that are not claimed within 60 days may expire. Shares from stock bonuses cannot be sold until 2 trading days after the bonus is granted. The cash value of the stock bonus may not be withdrawn for 30 days after the bonus is claimed.
Robinhood reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. The offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per customer. The stock bonus, when combined with the value received from all other offers in the last 12 months, may not exceed $500 per household per year. The offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with certain other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Robinhood or a Robinhood affiliate; members of their household; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Robinhood may decline requests to enroll in the offer at its discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
The stock bonus is one share selected randomly, when the bonus criteria are met, from Robinhood’s inventory of settled shares held for this program. When shares are purchased into this inventory, Robinhood purchases shares from the three to four companies representing the highest market capitalization in various ranges of share prices between approximately $3 and $175, limited to those companies that are widely held among Robinhood accounts. There is an approximately 98% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $2.50-$10, an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $10-$50, and an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $50-$200, based on the price of shares at the time of purchase. The Robinhood platform displays approximate odds of receiving shares from particular companies at the time the screen is generated. These odds do not necessarily reflect the odds of receiving stock in those companies at the time the stock bonus is awarded.
Neither receipt of a share of stock through this program nor identification of a particular security in communications related to this program constitutes a solicitation of the security or a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold the security. Robinhood does not provide investment advice and does not hereby recommend any security or transaction.
Consult with your tax advisor about the appropriate tax treatment for this offer and any tax implications associated with receipt of a stock bonus before enrolling. For taxable accounts, the value of all Robinhood offers received may be reported as Other Income on a Form 1099-MISC where required by applicable rules and regulations. Robinhood does not take responsibility for any tax related to this Stock bonus.