We’re excited to support Intuit TurboTax this tax season. You can use TurboTax Premier or TurboTax Premier Live to automatically import your trade history directly into their software. Remember to use this link so you can claim a discount of up to $15. This offer is available for customers with investments in securities and/or cryptocurrencies who file using TurboTax Premier and/or TurboTax Premier Live services.*
Robinhood Securities 1099
- In TurboTax, go to the Wages & Income screen, then select Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
- When asked “Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2021?” click Yes
- Type “Robinhood” in the search bar when asked to enter your bank name, then choose Robinhood - Robinhood Securities
- On the next screen, enter your account number and Document ID
- Your account number is a 9 digit number found in the top, middle of your 1099
- Your document ID is an 11 digit alphanumeric ID found in the top right of your 1099. Enter this ID without the spaces
This import is limited to 1,500 transactions. If you have more than 1,500 transactions, follow the directions found on the TurboTax site.
Robinhood Crypto 1099
- In TurboTax, go to the Wages & Income screen, then select Cryptocurrency
- When asked “Did you sell or trade cryptocurrency in 2021?” click Yes
- Select Robinhood, then click Continue
- If you received a Robinhood Crypto 1099, Robinhood will also provide a CSV file with your cryptocurrency transactions. Upload your CSV file.
- Double check that all of your transactions imported correctly, including the proceeds and cost basis.
- Continue through the rest of the process to finish submitting your cryptocurrency income.
This import is limited to 2,250 transactions. If you have more than 2,250 transactions, you’ll need to enter the additional trade information manually.
Troubleshooting: why won’t my file upload?
Here are some common reasons for why your file may not be uploading:
- TurboTax only allows you to upload CSV files. Before uploading your file, confirm that the end of your file name says .csv, not .xls or .xlsx. Currently, only CSV files are supported in automatic uploads.
- Your tax data may not yet be available on the Open Financial Exchange (OFX). Sometimes your tax data takes additional time to load onto the Open Financial Exchange, which is required for auto-import into tax software. If your data is unavailable the first few days after your tax document is issued, please try again after a week.
- The account number or document ID has been entered incorrectly. You can find both of these numbers at the top of your 1099, and they should be entered without spaces.
*Robinhood customers must redeem this offer at https://turbotax.intuit.com/lp/aff/robinhood to receive a discount of up to $15 for TurboTax federal products. This offer is available to Robinhood customers filing 2021 tax returns through the TurboTax Affiliate Program and cannot be combined with any other discount or offer. The offer is subject to all TurboTax offer terms and conditions and is subject to change without notice.
TurboTax is not an affiliate of Robinhood Markets (“Robinhood”) or any of its subsidiaries. Robinhood makes no representations as to the accuracy or validity of TurboTax products.