At Robinhood, we aim to cut all the fees we can. This means that for Cash Management, we do not charge:
- Maintenance fees: We don’t charge fees to open, close, or maintain a brokerage account.
- In-network ATM fees: As long as you use one of the 75,000+ ATMs in the Allpoint or MoneyPass networks, you won’t pay any fees. However, if you use an out-of-network ATM, the ATM provider may charge you a fee. Please note that Robinhood Financial will not reimburse you for that fee.
- Inactive Account Fees: There are no fees involved with any sort of inactivity in your brokerage account.
- Foreign transaction fees: Robinhood does not charge fees for using your debit card abroad. Mastercard® will automatically convert currencies for you at a rate selected by Mastercard. Though Robinhood Financial doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees, if you choose to pay a foreign debit card transaction in US Dollars, or choose to withdraw funds from a foreign ATM in US Dollars, the merchant or ATM operator may charge you a currency conversion fee. See our Debit Card Agreement for information about foreign currency exchange.**
- Transfer fees: We don’t charge a fee for transferring money between a bank and your brokerage account, but we will charge you a fee if you ask us to originate a debit from or credit to another institution and that institution returns the transaction.
- Card replacement fees: If your card is lost, stolen, or damaged, Robinhood will mail you a new card free of charge.
There’s no dollar minimum to open or maintain a brokerage account. You only need 1 cent to start earning interest.
You also don’t need to worry about overdraft fees because your Robinhood debit card prevents overdraft by default. We’ll decline transactions that make you go negative if you don’t have enough available cash, including any available margin credit, to cover it. We don’t charge you anything for getting declined for insufficient funds. If you are making a payment to a third party, and the transaction is declined because you do not have sufficient funds, the third party may charge you a fee.
Please keep in mind that other fees, Gold fees, or third party fees may apply to your brokerage account. You can check out our fee schedule to learn more.
Gold accounts with margin enabled will incur interest if your debit card transactions are funded from margin. For example, if you have a Gold account, and spend more available cash than you have in your account with your debit card, margin will activate and you will be charged interest.