Tax Form Corrections

We may issue you a new corrected Form 1099 for several reasons. Here are some of the most common cases:

  • You receive dividend or income adjustments from a company you own shares in
  • The cost basis for positions received in an ACAT was later updated.
  • Your SSN number was updated after your initial Form 1099 was issued.

How do I correct an inaccurate social security number on my Form 1099?

If the social security number listed on your Form 1099 tax document is incorrect, please submit an updated W-9 as soon as possible to prevent backup withholding. You won’t be able to upload your documents into TurboTax until this is amended.

How do I correct a misspelled name on my Form 1099?

Please send us a request to update your name to the correct spelling in our system. We won’t issue a new Form 1099 to you for this year, but we’d still like to verify the correct spelling of your name for next time.

Please include the following information in your request:

  • A photograph of your valid, U.S. government-issued driver’s license or passport
  • A signed letter of instruction indicating that you’d like your name changed

How do I correct inaccurate trade history on my Form 1099?

If you believe there’s a discrepancy on your Form 1099 tax document, please verify the information in the document with the following items:

  • Your Account Statements
  • Your Account History
  • Your Trade Confirmations

How do I report incorrect trade or dividend information on my 1099 tax documents?

If you believe your Form 1099 is inaccurate, please send us a note with photographs of the account statement and an annotated copy of your account documents. A member of our team will reach out as soon as possible.

Where will I find my corrected 1099 tax documents?

We will upload the corrected Form 1099 tax document to your app, where you can identify it by looking for the word “corrected” in the file’s title or subtitle. If you don’t see this, you may need to update to the latest version of the app. It will also have a more recent date than your original tax document.

Please make sure that you’ve filed your taxes in accordance with this updated information. This may require re-filing your taxes.

Reference No. 1391701
Still have questions? Contact Robinhood Support
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact Robinhood Support
The 3-minute newsletter with fresh takes on the financial news you need to start your day.
The 3-minute newsletter with fresh takes on the financial news you need to start your day.

© 2021 Robinhood. All rights reserved.

Robinhood means Robinhood Markets and its in-application and web experiences with its family of wholly owned subsidiaries which includes Robinhood Financial, Robinhood Securities, and Robinhood Crypto.

All investments involve risk and loss of capital.

Securities trading is offered to self-directed customers by Robinhood Financial. Robinhood Financial is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).